BABY MASSAGE - THE ART OF TOUCH
“Baby massage is not a trend. Rather, it is an ancient art that creates a deep relationship between you and your child.” (Quote by Vimala Schneider Mc Clure from Baby Massage)
Time: Your baby should be at least 8 weeks old.
Advantages of baby massage:
- Enjoy intensive togetherness
- Exchange with other parents
- Fun and joy
- sharpens the senses for the baby
When: Tuesdays 10:00-11:00 a.m.
Cost: 16€ per session
How often: 6 times
to bring: changing mat, large and small towel
Registration: by mail or phone
That's why a massage is so good for your baby!
With a baby massage you can spoil your child wonderfully. In addition, you strengthen his or her health, physical and emotional development and your bond.
Why should I massage my baby?
- Baby massage has a calming effect and gives a feeling of security. Especially children who have difficulties falling asleep can benefit from a massage. The gentle rhythmic movements will also help you to find peace.
- Baby massage strengthens the parent-child bond. A two-way communication develops through the massage. The baby notices that its signals are perceived and answered. It learns the first forms of its self-efficacy.
- Baby massage can help with tummy aches, colic and regulation problems. Specific massage strokes stimulate digestion, have a deflating effect, relax the belly and thus alleviate the discomfort. The stress-reducing effect of massage can help your baby to calm down.
When and how often should I massage my baby?
- Baby massage is about spending a relaxing time together. Therefore, you should not be stressed by any schedule.
- Take a break of 45-60 minutes after breastfeeding or a meal before you start the massage. Starting immediately after drinking or eating could lead to vomiting.
- You can massage your baby as often as you like. You can establish baby massage as a daily ritual. Either as a morning routine to start the day together and relaxed or as an evening routine to end the day together and relaxed.
This is what awaits you in your baby massage course:
- In the first 4 appointments we dedicate ourselves intensively to one body part each:
- 1st hour: massage of the legs and feet
- 2nd hour: Massage of the belly + colic massage + massage of the legs and feet
- 3rd hour: Massage of the chest, arms and hands + massage of the belly + massage of the legs and feet
- 4th hour: Massage of the face and back + massage of the chest, arms and hands + massage of the belly + massage of the legs and feet = full body baby massage
- In the 5th and 6th session there is a full body massage of your baby in each session
- Intensive moments between you and your baby
- Time for exchange with other parents
Benefit from our expert knowledge!
- Background information – Motor development
- Crying behaviour – what can I do, how can I behave?
- My child has a favourite body side – what now?
- Background information – Play development